G1 Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 1 stop G1 spot.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please come rejoin our new and improved forum @ www.g1addicts.com! Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NiNi
Poster
Poster
NiNi

Character sheet
Name/Nickname: NiNi
Which G1 do you have?: Black
Do you have root?: Yes

CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) Empty
PostSubject: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Originally posted by

------this is the instructions on how to do it all from your phone, no computer needed.

*UPDATE, please note, when downloading the file via phone, DO NOT let your phone sleep, keep messing with your phone to keep it from sleeping, when the phone sleeps, the data connections starts acting a little funny.
*** ALSO DO NOT use the Steel browser to do it, use the default browser ONLY. If you run into any problems or before you start, make sure you start the browser, PRESS MENU, more, go into the setting then click on CLEAR CACHE, then reboot the phone THEN try the process below and it should work fine.*
***** lastly, If your using the astro program to rename the file you can rename it to update.zip no caps lock, no noting, just plain update.zip lol. HOPE THIS HELPS everyone thank you.

Still dont have your cupcake update yet and you dont wanna root your phone? WeLL HERE you go, im attaching the link to download the cupcake update file and simple instruction for you to install it on your phone. i did it, took like 5 mins. VERY SIMPLE

FIRST GO TO THE MARKET AND DOWNLOAD TWO APPS
1. Astro file manager (go to the market and type astro and it should bring it up)
2. Download Crutch Lite (type download and it should pop up somewhere on the results, get LITE)

THEN click the link to download the update file
3. https://android.clients.google.com/updates/partner/signed-kila-ota-...

--------------------OR IF THAT LINK DOESNT WORK-------------------- I made a tiny URL to my files
http://tinyurl.com/Keem-Cupcake

I ALREADY NAMED IT UPDATE IF YOU DOWNLOAD FROM MY LINK SO ELIMINATE THE RENAME STEP

After you downloaded the two market apps, you should be able to download the above link right to your phone, it will say something about certificates, just click on CONTINUE. the file is about 45 mb so if you have wi-fi then use that or 3g to download faster.

After file is downloaded, you can exit and go to your apps and RUN ASTRO FILE MANAGER, If it doesnt open up in the SD card folder already, scroll down and click on SD CARD folder. WHEN in SD CARD folder, CLICK ON the FOLDER NAMED DOWNLOAD, and scroll down and find the file that was just downloaded, its named SIGNED-killa-ata-148830, HOLD YOUR FINGER ON THE FILE and click EDIT, then click RENAME you can erase all the previous words and rename it to Update.zip THEN PRESS OK. Now that you changed the name, find the file again and HOLD YOUR FINGER ON THE update.zip file and CLICK EDIT then click MOVE.

NOW press the GREEN UP ARROW at the top to go back to the SDCARD main folder screen, once in there PRESS MENU, then CLICK EDIT then PASTE.

Congrats, now you have took care of the hard part lol. now write down the steps under this before you start the update process:

1. Turn the phone off, then hold the home AND power button until the yellow icon shows up
2. You will see a yellow triangle pop up on the screen, NOW hold ALT and PRESS L then press ALT and S
3. You will see the file extracting on your phone and doing the update, press the HOME AND BACK button when it tells you to do so.
4. After that it will say that its installing the radio update
5. The phone will reboot about twice and you will see the new android startup graphics, the phone will be stuck there for about 2 mins or so, be patient then when your phones comes back on, YOU HAVE CUPCAKE lol.

Tell me what you think about the process

Android 1.5 Feature List:
User interface refinements

* System-wide:
o Refinement of all core UI elements
o Animated window transitions (off by default)
o Accelerometer-based application rotations
* UI polish for:
o In-call experience
o Contacts, Call log, and Favorites
o SMS & MMS
o Browser
o Gmail
o Calendar
o Email
o Camera & Gallery
o Application management

Performance improvements

* Faster Camera start-up and image capture
* Much faster acquisition of GPS location (powered by SUPL AGPS)
* Smoother page scrolling in Browser
* Speedier GMail conversation list scrolling

New features

* On-screen soft keyboard
o Works in both portrait and landscape orientation
o Support for user installation of 3rd party keyboards
o User dictionary for custom words
* Home screen
o Widgets
+ Bundled home screen widgets include: analog clock, calendar, music player, picture frame, and search
o Live folders
* Camera & Gallery
o Video recording
o Video playback (MPEG-4 & 3GP formats)
* Bluetooth
o Stereo Bluetooth support (A2DP and AVCRP profiles)
o Auto-pairing
o Improved handsfree experience
* Browser
o Updated with latest Webkit browser & Squirrelfish Javascript engines
o Copy 'n paste in browser
o Search within a page
o User-selectable text-encoding
o UI changes include:
+ Unified Go and Search box
+ Tabbed bookmarks/history/most-visited screen
* Contacts
o Shows user picture for Favorites
o Specific date/time stamp for events in call log
o One-touch access to a contact card from call log event
* System
o New Linux kernel (version 2.6.27)
o SD card filesystem auto-checking and repair
o SIM Application Toolkit 1.0
* Google applications
o View Google Talk friends' status in Contacts, SMS, MMS, GMail, and Email applications
o Batch actions such as archive, delete, and label on Gmail messages
o Upload videos to Youtube
o Upload photos on Picasa Keem
Back to top Go down
http://www.thamadhouse.com
LadyDi
Beginner
Beginner
LadyDi

Character sheet
Name/Nickname:
Which G1 do you have?:
Do you have root?: yes

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:35 am

Having this update from when I first got it made me want to keep the phone more. If that keyboard orientation was not on it, back it was going. I'm so new to this but I know what I want that's for sure. Thanks Nini as this helped me learn a lot more. Some terms are confusing but I'm getting there.
Back to top Go down
bboyWhodini
bboyWhodini

Character sheet
Name/Nickname: BboyWhodini
Which G1 do you have?:

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:51 pm

If you don't know curtain words just ask around. ok
Back to top Go down
LadyDi
Beginner
Beginner
LadyDi

Character sheet
Name/Nickname:
Which G1 do you have?:

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Oh I will Bboy. I had one but then I forgot it. *laughs* Standby while I think...
Back to top Go down
epic
Beginner
Beginner
epic

Character sheet
Name/Nickname:
Which G1 do you have?:

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:44 pm

how does anybody make these cupcakes or roms i wanna learn how to make a theme to share wit everybody
Back to top Go down
NiNi
Poster
Poster
NiNi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 pm

good luck lol
Back to top Go down
epic
Beginner
Beginner
epic

Character sheet
Name/Nickname:
Which G1 do you have?:

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:55 pm

do u noe how to make them nini
Back to top Go down
NiNi
Poster
Poster
NiNi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:54 pm

nope!
Back to top Go down
epic
Beginner
Beginner
epic

Character sheet
Name/Nickname:
Which G1 do you have?:

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:03 pm

awrite hey did u eva see dat app request i wanted to share wit peps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)   CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition) Empty

Back to top Go down

CUPCAKE 1.5 UPDATE(INSTALL IT YOURSELF From YOUR PHONE Edition)
Page 1 of 1