G1 Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 1 stop G1 spot.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please come rejoin our new and improved forum @ www.g1addicts.com! Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

T-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name/Nickname:
Which G1 do you have?:
Do you have root?: yes

T-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook Empty
PostSubject: T-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook   T-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 pm

There’s a lot of you contemplating whether or not to get the T-Mobile G1. It’s got it all, the big screen, keyboard, G3, apps, etc but missing Exchange support for those business users.

Syncing with Exchange is important because it comes down to email, calendar, and contacts. Here’s a solution that will solve all three but not as easy if google just created an application that synced Exchange (which I don’t think will happen in order to make people use Google tools).

T-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook _wp-content_uploads_2008_05_outlook-iconT-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook Tmobile_G1_launch

The alternative solution I think that will work is as follows:
1. Syncing Email – Use the built-in email application with IMAP settings
2. Syncing Calendar – Currently, the G1 lets you sync your phone with the Google Calendar. As such, you can have your Google Calendar sync with your Exchange Calendar using Google’s software you leave running on a computer connected to the internet.
Details: link
3. Syncing Contacts – Use ContactsSync (link)
have a review up on the device tomorrow. In summary, the aesthetics looks a bit cheap but other than that, works well
Back to top Go down
http://forum.g1addicts.com

T-Mobile G1 – Syncing Exchange/Outlook
Page 1 of 1